Russell has extensive small business and community leadership experience. He is providing several leaders of small business with coaching and mentoring services, is the Chair of the Australian Information Industry Association Victoria and active in the local Macedon Ranges Community. Please select the appropriate CV below
Click any of the links to download the pdf file.
You may like to read Russell's profile by Garry Barker published in The Age .
Russell began developing interactive multimedia products in the mid eighties making him one of the pioneers of this industry. His company was one of the first developers of websites and online internet applications in the early nineties. After completing a science degree and studying law at the University of Melbourne Russell spent more than seven years with IBM developing a sound knowledge of computer technology, management and marketing.
In 1985 Russell established his first company developing technology delivered training and decision support systems. He has worked mainly in the government and corporate sectors building on-line applications that create better ways of working, learning and living.
His industry leadership was recognised by Austrade in selecting him to be part of the Australian eGovernment Mission to the UK in 2001 and in winning one of ten positions on the Australian European High Tech Tour in 2002.
Russell was a member of
- The Victorian Premier's Task Force on Communications and Multimedia (1994-1999),
- The Victorian Government Technology Round Tables (2000-2002),
- Ministerial Advisory Group for ICT (2003-2006) and has been consulted regularly by State and Federal governments on developing the multimedia and internet industries.
- He has been a board member of Film Victoria,
- Chairman of St Martins Youth Arts Centre and The Push (providing drug and alcohol free entertainment for young people),
- a member of the Victorian College of the Arts Film and Television School, Swinburne and RMIT Course Advisory Committees and the RMIT Course Advisory Committee for Management and Business.
In late 2007 Russell sold his controlling interest in Acumentum and is now embarking on a new phase in his career undertaking advisory work and as a non-executive director assisting boards to develop a much deeper understanding of technology innovation and its role in value creation.